Periodontal disease is an infection that damages the tissue and bones that support the teeth. There are 4 stages of Periodontal disease:
- Early periodontal disease
- Moderate periodontal disease
- Advanced Periodontal disease
Below are some photographs of feline (cat) and canine (dog) Periodontal disease stages. (Click on the photos to enlarge)
Dogs love to chew! But chewing the wrong things can be harmful to your pets health and their teeth. The photographs below show some of the different types of tooth fractures.
- Enamel infraction
- Enamel fracture
- Uncomplicated crown fracture
- Complicated crown fracture
- Uncomplicated crown-root fracture
- Complicated crown-root fracture
- Radiograph of a root fracture
Periodontal disease also affects your pets internal organs such as the liver, heart and kidneys
Please call 616-682-5005 for more information on our services!